Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday Update

Wednesday means it's time for a Northeast campus update. Here goes ...

- I got a call last Thursday (March 19th) from the person I had approached about being the kids' ministry director to let me know that she had thought and prayed about it and decided to decline the job offer. Of course, that was kind of discouraging, but I really appreciate that she let me know in a timely manner and that she and her husband really discussed it and prayed about it. And I appreciate that they listened to and obeyed the Lord, because it would be a disaster to have someone in that kind of leadership position who is not called to it.

- So on Sunday, the 22nd, I had a great time in the afternoon meeting with a couple to talk about them taking the job - after much prayer and thought of course. I hadn't really gotten to know this couple before and I just met the husband that morning, but they were highly recommended and I was amazed at how incredible they are. They're the kind of people I'd want to work with just because I think there would be such good chemistry, so we'd be really good friends.

- I've been working away at some other stuff locally (just for the NE campus) like volunteer service opportunities (aka "jobs"), coming close to finishing a ministry plan (which I think we definitely made progress on thanks the launch team meeting tonight), and enlisting more volunteers, among other things relating to Del Sol Church globally (as a whole).


So here's how you can pray for me and the Northeast campus this week:

1. Pray that whether it's this couple I've approached or someone else on my list, God would bring us a kids' ministry director soon. My list of potential candidates is quickly shrinking, so I really believe God is going to bring us the right person for our kids' director soon.

2. Pray for me, for encouragement. I can't think of a day in the past month or so that I haven't had moments of discouragement that I've had to fight off. Usually I'm able to pray and focus on something else and encourage myself pretty quickly, but Tuesday was a hard, dark day for me. So pray for me that God will encourage me in those times when satan it trying to bring me down.

3. Pray for God to be working even right now at raising up financial partners, and that He will show us where we can make some budget cuts and pare the budget down to just what we need, but still have what we need to have quality experiences that will help move people closer to God.

Thanks so much for your prayers!

No comments: