Saturday, March 28, 2009

Update on Debbie Abascal

Last night I received a text message from a friend telling me that Debbie Abascal was in the ICU at Sierra Medical Center, and that she had a brain aneurysm. I called the hospital and all they could tell me was that yes, she was there and that she was in very serious but stable condition.

This morning, a friend of mine emailed me to let me know they had called Debbie and spoke to her, and this is the update they emailed me:

Ariel: Joy just spoke to her a few minutes ago & this is the status update we received...she woke up with a headache & had numbness on her arm, once at the hospital they found a mass 8 mm in size, behind her left eye, and after an MRI, the doctors discovered it in fact was an aneurysm. We will join you in praying for the family. The staff & family are waiting for the best neurosurgeon in El Paso to give them a course of action.

As far as I know, that's her status. I'll be going down to the hospital today to visit her and get an update. When I find something out, I'll be sure to post status updates here.

What I do know is that we need to keep praying for Debbie, her husband Manolo, and her kids Tim, Amy, and DJ. So please join me in praying for God to be at work in this situation, that His will be done, that He be merciful to Debbie and her family, and that His grace would abound in this situation.

No comments: