Saturday, March 28, 2009

Update on Debbie Abascal, #3

I had a chance to go to the hospital to visit Debbie earlier this evening. She was awake and very aware of what was going on; she was slightly groggy but really it seemed like she was herself, like nothing was wrong.

She told me that she woke up on Friday and didn't feel right at all, I think she said she had some heart palpitations and pain in her right arm so she had her husband Manolo bring her to the hospital. They ran some tests and found the aneurysm and so they admitted her.

Like I said in my previous post, they considered two different treatments, but in the end they decided that she'll have to have brain surgery on Monday. I don't know the time yet but as soon as I find out, I'll post an update.

In the meantime, keep her family in your prayers. When I went to the hospital, it was just filled with family and friends and church family and Manolo looked like he was holding up pretty well, and so did most of his family, but their youngest daughter, DJ, looked like she was really having a hard time. I was only there for about 10 minutes, but the whole time I was there, her eyes were red and tears were flowing down her face. I think she's really struggling with this situation and it just broke my heart to see her so sad.

Let's be praying for Debbie, Manolo, their son Tim and daughter Amy, and especially for DJ.

No comments: