Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Five - Five Favorite Smells

Today, my 5 favorite smells:

1. Women. Ok, I know that sounds kind of weird and slightly creepy but I promise you I'm not a Chester. Trust me, if you've ever been to an all-man event like Promise Keepers, you'll realize that although Dr. Pepper may make the world taste better, women definitely make the world smell better. =)

2. Fresh baked bread. Oh my goodness, this is definitely a close second to women. Oh my goodness, the smell of fresh baked bread ...wow!

3. Fresh cut grass. Mmmm ...one of the best things about Spring and Summer is the smell of a freshly manicured lawn. I love to roll down my windows and drive down the Lee Trevino bridge that's right over the Vista Hills Country Club whenever they mow the grass there.

4. A freshly painted room. I love the way a room smells when it's just been painted. So fresh and so clean, clean! (If you know what that cultural reference is from, I'll be very impressed.)

5. Roofing tar. I love when someone's getting a new roof and they've got the tar all hot and boiling. [Whether or not charred human ashes are mixed into it, Atlanta and Leah ;) ]

It's a bonus!
6. Gasoline. Hrmm ...there's just something about the smell of gasoline that does it for me.




So tell me, what are some of your favorite smells and why?

No comments: