Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Five - Significant happenings this week

Today's Friday Five - Five significant happenings that occurred in my life this week:

1. I had a meeting on Sunday with some friends of mine who live in the Northeast side of El Paso, and they gave me some great feedback about the culture there and some things I need to think about as we get ready to launch out there.

2. Mr. Obama became President Obama, and President Bush became Mr. Bush. Of course that didn't happen only in my life, but it's still a pretty significant event. It's kind of weird though not having George Bush as our President. I mean, even if McCain had won, it'd still be weird. I had personally met George Bush and I've shaken his hand, and it's weird that we in the Greatest State of Texas no longer have a connection in the White House.

3. There's a couple that I had asked awhile back to join the launch team as worship and GrowGroup ministry directors. They all but committed to join the team - which would be GREAT! They're not from Del Sol but I've known them for years and they definitely have the chemistry, character, and competency. They're planning on coming to the membership class this Sunday afternoon to get a deeper look at our mission, values, strategy, etc.

4. I had the very first people commit to join my team!!!!! A couple, who have committed to be volunteers in the worship ministry. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a boost of encouragement! I'm so honored and humbled that they trust me and are committing to join me on this ride!

5. I ate meat and had sugar today - for the first time in 2 weeks. I'm fasting 'til the end of the month, but tonight was our staff Christ-mas party at Cattleman's Steakhouse, and I'm pretty sure it would be a sin to go there and not eat a steak. It was a GREAT break-fast =)

No comments: