Friday, January 2, 2009

I don't like New Year's resolutions.

So it's a common practice for people to make resolutions for the New Year. Things they want to do, or stop doing in the next year, changes they want to make in their lives, etc. Honestly (and I'm sorry if you make New Year's Resolutions), I think that making resolutions is a pretty silly thing to do.

First of all, don't resolve to do something - commit to it ...and then do it. The main reason I think New Year's resolutions are silly is because very few people actually keep them. They're just sort of the thing you do at the New Year but never follow through with. Why not make commitments, tell trustworthy friends about your commitments, and have them journey through your commitments with you?

My second issue with New Year's resolutions is this: why make them only at the beginning of the year? Why not change or grow whenever you recognize you need to, regardless of what time of the year it is?

Ok ...I'm off the soap box now. =)

No comments: