Friday, January 2, 2009

I've been trippin' out lately.

My good friend and mentor John David used to say the term "trippin' out" all the time. I've been trippin' out all day yesterday and all day today over some verses in Psalm 1:

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." - Psalm 1:1-3 NIV

Yesterday morning - New Year's morning - the very first thing I did when I woke up was roll out of bed onto this spot:
Photobucket

I've spent hours on this spot. I like to sit here on the floor with my back against the mattress and read what God says in the Bible, and talk with God in prayer. Yesterday morning was another one of those times, but yesterday I read, and reread, and reread Psalm 1:1-3, and talked with God through prayer for a loooong time. It was a great time with Papa, and for some reason He's had those 3 verses stuck in my mind.

They start with "Blessed is the man ..." I want to be blessed! I want to go forward in God's favor, and live in His blessing and anointing.
"... who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers." There is a way that those who don't know Christ live, and that is not the way that I should live. I want to live sanctified. I want to be set apart. I want to live holy.

"But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night." Do I delight in God's Word? Do I actually take pleasure in what God says in the Bible? Do I get joy from every word and principle and precept and rule in the Word of God? How much time do I spend meditating on it, thinking about it and asking God to show me how to apply my life to what it says? I want to be one who delights in God's Word.

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." I want to be strong, with a sturdy foundation like a tree whose roots go down deep into the water. Like the water is the source of life for the tree, I want God to be my source of life. But I also want to prosper in whatever I do.

So I prayed and asked God to sanctify me. I asked God to give me passionate, burning desire and love for His Word. I asked God to be my source of life and to prosper me in every area of my life: prosper my relationships, prosper my work, prosper my finances, prosper my character ...everything.

I'm still trippin' out on these verses in Psalm 1, and I'm still praying about it and asking God to show me how to apply my life to this portion of Scripture.



Papa God, I desperately want Your favor and anointing on me and I desperately want to live sanctified and holy so that in whatever I do, You will make me prosperous.

No comments: