Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday night mind purge

- Lunchtimes on Monday are one of my favorite parts of the week. On Mondays at lunch, I go serve at Wayside Teen Center and get to know a bunch of students from Hanks High School. I've been doing it for years, and it's definitely one of my high points of the week.

- Tuesday was a pot luck staff meeting at the Firehouse. The staff wanted to see the work on the Firehouse we've done and celebrate it with us. Little did I know it was also a conspiracy of grace:
Photobucket

The staff pooled their money and gave me a card and a $100 Visa gift card as a graduation present, and the timing was impeccable because I just had my degree conferred on me on Monday.

That was really great, really really great. I didn't see it coming, and it was so humbling to be recognized like that. I worked really, really hard for my degree and I know that my parents want to celebrate but they just can't afford it now. I really thought that my accomplishment would just pass by with a few pats on the back and "congratulations", but it was neat to be celebrated like that. Even right now as I write this, my eyes are watering. It was really cool to be on the receiving end of a conspiracy of grace.

- Wednesday was a pretty crazy day of admin work. My natural gifting is administration so I feel accomplished when I check of tasks from my to-do list, but at the same time I would much rather be with people than with my planner.

- Speaking of getting things done, on Thursday Lesli Moser and I worked on the Fire Youth Ministry bulletin board at the worship center, and I think it looks pretty good. I'll have to post a pic later on.

- It was REALLY nice not having the Mix on Thursday. It felt so much less stressful.

- On Thursday afternoon, I had a meeting that changed my life in a really good way. Things will be really different for me starting in the new year. It's gonna be tough for me, but I'm confident that this is God's will and it's gonna build up His Kingdom through Del Sol Church.

- I really wish I could talk about what it is right now, but it's not the right time. I'll be able to talk about it sometime in January.


- As I've said many times before, put on your sunglasses because the future is bright for Del Sol Church!

- It was pretty fun decorating on Thursday night for the Fall Freakout on Friday.

- Friday night was the Fall Freakout. We had about 120 people there ...WAYYYY more than last year and lots of guests. It was really cool to meet all those people, and to see the Firehouse be so packed out!

- Friday night was also the Hanks/Eastwood game. Hanks owned (of course) on Eastwood's turf, and it was a sweet, sweet victory and a good game.

- Saturday was one of the best days I can remember having. I slept in, got up and went for a run (which gave me a nice tan since it was pretty warm), and then spent a couple of hours finishing my lesson for Sunday. After that, I drove out to Las Cruces and met the Pryor family for the NMSU/Boise State football game. The game was good, but kind of boring since Boise absolutely slaughtered NMSU 49-0.

Afterwards we went to Fuddrucker's on the westside for dinner and got to catch the last couple of minutes of the UT/Texas Tech game. Wow. That was a miracle last play!

The Pryor family are some of my favorite people ever. I love being around each and everyone of them - even Kendra who I finally met!

- Today was a pretty cool day at church. Our worship celebration was cool, Walter's message was right on for where I'm at, and then I had the incredible privilege of teaching on Philippians 3:12-17 to our high schoolers. I try to just be faithful and teach what God gives me, and let Him do the rest, but it was pretty cool teaching today because I did not feel confident at all this morning. All I could do was surrender it and let Him speak through me, and from what I was told - He did.

And that's enough for me. =)

No comments: