Monday, November 3, 2008

Please don't suck.

On December 8th, 1941 - the day after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor - Franklin Delano Roosevelt said a line that (ironically) has lived in infamy: "... yesterday - December 7th, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy ..."

I would say that tomorrow - November 4th, 2008 - is also a date which will live in infamy. Tomorrow, either we will have a black President or a female Vice-President/probable President (either in 4 years or sooner if Senator McCain passes on while in office). This is such a historic election that I'm sure I'll probably be up all night tomorrow, eyes glued to the news, to see who wins.

Until today I haven't really been too excited about the election, but tonight I find myself really excited and filled with expectancy to see the results:

- I really want to know who will be Sheriff of El Paso county, Texas - Wiles or Stoltz.

- I really want to know who will represent the greatest state in the Union - Texas - in the United States Senate - Cornyn or Noriega.

- I really want to know who will represent District 78 in the Texas State House of Representatives - Margo or Moody.

- I really want to know who will be the Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court - Jefferson or Yanez.

- And of course, I want to know who will be the President of this great country!

I'm thrilled that tomorrow, I'll get to be part of history and [after waiting a long time in line] cast my ballot for ...I'll tell you tomorrow.

So as Steven put it so eloquently in his blog today: "Please don't suck. Go vote tomorrow." =)

Photobucket

No comments: