Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Now we know.

Things didn't turn out as I had hoped for. I had hoped John McCain would be the 44th President of these great United States of America, but that didn't happen.

Though I don't agree much with President-elect Obama politically, I am SO proud of my America for how far we've come in electing a black President. There were many in my grandparents' generation who lived in a day where black people couldn't even drink from the same water fountains as white people, and they never thought something like this could happen. My grandpa, who experienced racism first hand, probably never would have thought this could happen.

But it did. And politics aside, I'm really proud to be an American right now.

I'm feeling so many different things right now. I could be bitter. I could make snide remarks (I did make a few, and I was wrong to do so). I could say the election was rigged. I could mope and whine and fuss and pout. But I'm not going to.

Instead I'll be proud of my country, and I'll remember Proverbs 21:1 - "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD; He directs it like a watercourse wherever He pleases."

So President-elect Obama, I pray that you will be humble, that you will seek God's wisdom, that you will seek wisdom from advisers on both sides of the aisle, and that you'll lead not for political power or to pad your pocketbook, but that you'll lead for the good of this great country.

President Obama

President-elect Obama, you are in my prayers.

No comments: