Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday night mind purge

- On Monday morning I started my first actual physical therapy appointment, then went to the office and worked for awhile there, then went to the Bagel Shop, then studied at Starbucks for awhile. That's my basic Monday pattern right now. I spent most of the day looking at computer specs, working on my monthly report that I need to submit to Walter this week, and contacting Church on Wheels to clarify some more details, among other things. Tasks mostly - important tasks though.

- I spent Monday night hanging out with the Pryors down at their ranch. I hadn't really hung out with them in awhile so I felt like it would be good to go over there, and I'm glad I did.

- On Tuesday I was at the office pretty much all day. I worked on some more tasks, then got the news that the person I had been banking on to be the kids ministry director at the NE campus decided they wouldn't accept the position. That was hard, that was discouraging, because I've been looking for a kids director since the beginning of the year. I ended up leaving the office around 4 pm and going home to take a nap and get my mind off of it and reconnect with the Lord. After the nap I washed up and went to just sit and read at Starbucks for awhile. It was nice because it was overcast and cool, with a slight breeze; it was a very restful time.

- Wednesday morning brought another PT appointment, working at the office for awhile, having a great meeting with Walter, then having a bad conversation with someone about an incredibly big miscommunication that had taken place between us. That was just like a shot in the gut out of nowhere so again, I just prayed, went home, took a nap, then went back to the East campus to lead a launch team meeting. It was shorter than usual and we spent some good time in prayer and talking about the sovereignty of God. It was a very encouraging time and afterwards, Rick and I went to get dinner at Chick-fil-A and tried their new peach milkshakes.

- I wouldn't hesitate at all to recommend that everyone try a Chick-fil-A peach milkshake.

- On Thursday morning I had a meeting with a personal trainer at EP Fitness, then went to the office for a little bit, then had an accountability meeting with a friend, then went back to the office for awhile. I spent most of my time at the office doing some important things, mainly creating a list of goals for a kids ministry director and working on the ministry plan for the NE campus. Afterwards I went to Starbucks again to go read for awhile and relax.

- I slept in Friday (thank God!), went to the gym, then came home, cleaned up, and spent pretty much the whole day looking for a truck at dealerships and on Craigslist because we're considering getting a little 4 cylinder truck for either my dad or I to drive. Even if it doesn't happen, it's always fun looking at cars and test driving them. =)

- On Saturday I got to sleep in again (which was great!) then went to the gym for a good long time, doing lots of cardio and upper body weights, then came home and ended up doing some things around the house before cleaning up and heading out to Sunland Park Mall to see The Encounter play there as a tryout for the upcoming Activate Music Fest that'll be at Ascarate Park in August. Then a quick run to Rib Hut for dinner and then coming home to rest the remainder of the night.

- This morning I woke up in SUCH a good mood. And then I got to Del Sol East and was SOOOOOO excited and happy to be there with my family. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that many of my beloved youth were back from being gone to Austin all week for a mission trip. The baptism videos were amazingly powerful, the music was great, and I've really learned a lot from Walter's messages on leadership the last 3 weeks.

- During the 11 am hour, I went to youth because I thought they might be sharing stories and pictures and stuff from their mission trip to Austin, but they weren't doing that. I hung around for a little while and right as I was about to leave, Troy, out of the blue, asked me to come up on stage and give an update on the Northeast campus. I shared where we're at, answered a couple of questions, then Troy had the youth come up on stage, lay hands on me, and pray for me. I was so humbled and honored and grateful to him for doing that.

- Also in between all that, I started serving in the parking ministry. I signed up last week to do that because I honestly didn't really do anything on Sunday mornings aside from helping receive the offering (which is really important, I'm not belittling our ushers but just saying I felt I needed to do more), and I know it's a big need and a HUGELY important ministry because it's the very first impression that people have when they come to Del Sol Church. Let me tell you, it's a lot more difficult than it looks but it's cool because you get to help so many people and get to be the first smile people see when they come on campus.

- Then I got a haircut which is wayyyy too short for my tastes, but I had a good conversation with the stylists and told her I'd pray for her about a situation she's going through. Hair will grow back. I can deal with too short hair if it means that I have an opportunity to show God's love to someone in a practical way. Thankfully my hair grows back fast so in 2 weeks I'll go back for a trim and will be able to tell her I prayed for her and ask how things went and hopefully that'll open up the door to further conversation that will lead towards talking about Jesus. =D

- It's been a good week, all things considered. God is still God, He is still in control, and He's gonna do what He's gonna do. I just wanna be open and submissive and obedient to Him.

No comments: