Thursday, July 2, 2009

Del Sol Northeast weekly prayer update

Here's the latest update on the Northeast campus:

- Last week I mentioned that we’re still searching for a kids' ministry director for the Northeast campus. Well you should know that towards the beginning of this year I had worked with our kids minister to create a list of people in the church who had the potential to be the NE kids ministry director, and so when I had gotten word from the person I was last talking to that they wouldn’t be able to accept the position, I had reached the end of my list. So we were basically at a point where we didn’t know what to do and all we could do was trust God to bring the right person for the job. Well needless to say, that’s the best place to be – surrendered, just trusting God. I won’t go into details right now but suffice it to say that since last week’s update, God has been up to some interesting and good things concerning the NE kids’ director.

- Also last week I mentioned that I’d been talking with the assistant principal and the office manager at Dr. Nixon Elementary School to square everything away so that we can meet there. Well, it turns out there were some mis-communications that had occurred, which cause some surprise and frustration on both ends, so I took responsibility for those mis-communications and am now working at building up our relationship with the school and its principal.


- I also finished up my sermon for a few Sundays from now – July 19th – and contacted the other churches in the 79936 zip code to coordinate distributing those multimedia CD’s I mentioned in last week’s prayer update.


- Last weekend we had a couple dozen youth and adults return from the North American Mission Board’s “PowerPlant” experience, where they worked with a church plant in Austin doing block parties, community outreach, door-to-door invitations to the church, and even a dog show! Those youth and adults came back from Austin pumped about their experience and ready to help us launch the Northeast campus. That’s awesome and I’m very grateful to Troy Sanchez, our Youth & Young Adults Pastor, for facilitating that experience for them.


- This week we’re having two short-term missions teams leave: one to serve for a month in Spain and one to serve for a few weeks in Slovakia, working with an indigenous church planter that Del Sol financially sponsors there. There’s a lot of potential to form some long-term relationships and to raise up new leaders through what starts with these trips.


Here's how you can pray this week:

1. Keep trusting God and praying with me for Him to work everything out so that we have leadership for the NE kids’ ministry director.

2. Pray for clear communication between the principal at Dr. Nixon and I, and that we’ll be able to meet there and have a good influence in the lives of the staff, the school, and the community there.

3. Pray for those who went to PowerPlant and for those spending the month in Spain and Slovakia, that God would cultivate a passion in them for missions and church planting and multi-site ministry and leadership development and that these three trips would be the beginning of great things at Del Sol Church – for God’s fame, not ours of course.


Thanks for your prayers - I truly believe they make a big difference.

No comments: