- Last night we had the second meeting of the Northeast GrowGroup for the summer term. It turned out to just be myself and another guy, but since it was just the two of us, we had some great, honest discussion and were able to spend some good time in prayer before we went our ways. I was just about to call him and cancel the group for the night because I was having problems with the DVD player and was tired and hot and didn’t have the beat day, but I’m really glad I didn’t because we had a good time together.
- I spent Sunday evening going through the staff policies & procedures manual with Josh & Nicki Sattelmeier, who will be joining our staff on July 1st as the Northeast GrowGroups & Outreach Director and Worship Director, respectively. We read through it together, discussed it, I answered their questions, and we spent some time talking/dreaming about the future. It was a really great time and even though we were doing business, it kind of felt like we were just hanging out. It was also their anniversary (they chose to meet that day, even though it was their anniversary) so it was cool to be able to bless them by buying them dinner.
Here's how you can pray this week:
1. I started physical therapy this week for my right knee, which is still hurting from my accident/injury nearly 2 months ago, so please pray for God to use the therapy over the next month to bring healing to my knee.
2. I’ll be contacting an organization today called Church on Wheels to begin the process of ordering the trailer package which will include nearly all of the equipment we’ll need for portable church meetings. This will be a purchase that will be between $40,000 and $50,000 and will include a couple of site visits from the people at COW, so I definitely need wisdom, vision, and insight about how to proceed in making this purchase.
3. Like I said, Josh and Nicki start July 1st, so you can pray for them and for our staff here at Del Sol East as we go through this transition time and begin to orient them and equip them in their new responsibilities.
Thanks for your prayers - I truly believe they make a big difference.