Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Five - Restaurants

Today's Friday Five - 5 restaurants in El Paso that I'd like to eat at:

1. Toro Burger Bar. This is a little bit of a pricey place where you'd spend a good $13-$15 a person for your meal, but I've heard very good things about them. They started out with one location near UTEP but now I think they've got 3 locations: the one by UTEP, one on Zaragoza, and I believe there's one on the Westside now.

2. Crave Kitchen and Bar. I've actually driven by this interesting looking little kitchen and bar and I've seen pictures of the inside, and they've got quite an interesting billboard with their very creative logo up near the Cotton exit on I-10, so this is definitely a dig I wanna try soon.

3. Cafe Central. This famous El Paso restaurant is the kind of place you take a date to and being that I don't have a date to take to schnazzy restaurants like Cafe Central, I haven't yet been there. But someday I'll have a date to take there. As Journey said lo those years ago ...don't stop believing!

4. House of Pizza. Besides, who wouldn't love being in a house made of pizza? If you get hungry, all you have to do is turn and chomp down on the walls! Seriously though, I've heard many, many people talk about this place and how good the pizza and subs are there and I'd like to be the judge of it myself.

5. L & J Cafe. "The Mexican restaurant right by Concordia cemetery?" you say. Yeah, that's the one. And interestingly enough, the New York Times reviewed it and gave it 4 out 5 stars. I don't know if there are any other retaurants in El Paso that've been reviewed by the NY Times - maybe Cattleman's - and I know that many of my fellow El Pasoans have spoken its praises for years, so I'm eager to try it out.

Friday Freebie!
6. Ardovino's. "Which Ardovino's?", you ask. My, you're talkative today! I'm talking about BOTH Ardovino's Pizza and the restaurant at Ardovino's Desert Crossing. Since they share the same uncommon name, I assume they have some sort of link - possibly the same owners or something like that. I just know they're both pretty famous in these parts and I want to experience them both for myself.



Where are some places in El Paso you've never been that you'd like to eat at someday?

No comments: