Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Del Sol Northeast weekly prayer update

Here's the latest update on the Northeast campus:

- In last week’s prayer update I mentioned that I had been in talks with someone about taking on the role of leading the kids’ ministry at the NE campus and that they would let me know by Tuesday. We talked yesterday and this person told me that after much prayer, thought, and discussion, they had decided not to accept the position. They explained to me some of the reasons why, and I told them that I support them and believe that in their current life situation, that was probably the wise decision to make. I also told them not to worry or apologize because if they had been the one the Lord has chosen to lead our kids’ ministry, He would have made that clear to them. I assured them that it would not be good if they or anyone were to take on this crucial leadership role just because they felt bad and wanted to fill the need, but weren’t called by God to do it.

- It’s getting to be crunch time now since the staff are supposed to start next Wednesday, July 1st. I don’t want to rush God or try to force Him to work on our schedule, but He knows our plans and it’s up to Him now as to how He’ll work things out. I trust Him.

- Last week I talked with the company Church on Wheels to discuss our plants, timeline, and some benchmarks that must be set in order for us to launch on time. We started the process of ordering our equipment from them and to setup a site visit where one of their consultants will come down and meet with us here, look at the site where we’ll be meeting, talk with us about our needs and expectations, and will begin putting together a customized quote for us. This will all be happening on July 21st and 22nd.

- I also talked with someone from the facilities department at the El Paso Independent School District about what the specifics are for renting some of the facilities at Dr. Nixon Elementary School. The person I talked with was very nice, very helpful, and very flexible with us. I take that as a good sign that we’re making progress towards securing the school as our meting location.

- Of course to use the facilities at the school, it has to be cleared with the principal at Dr. Nixon Elementary, so I’ve been talking with his assistant and his assistant has been talking with him about making sure we’re all on the same page and squared away to use the areas we need before I submit the Facility Use and Request Form to EPISD’s central office.

- In the middle of all that, I’ve counseled with some people, been studying and preparing to preach on Sunday, July 19th, and working at organizing the other churches in the 79936 zip code to distribute some multimedia CD’s with the Gospel message from John 3, the Bible in 300+ languages, and video testimonies to every single home in this 36 zip code – all 32,029 of them!

Here's how you can pray this week:

1. Pray for God to raise up the person He has in mind to lead our kids’ ministry at the Northeast campus. Let’s trust Him and believe together that He is God, He is in control, and He is working this out His way, which of course is best.

2. Pray for God to work out all the details that need to be worked out soon, like officially securing use of the facilities at Dr. Nixon Elementary, meeting with the consultant from COW and ordering our equipment, preparing to start advertising and promotion, etc.

3. Pray for me as I balance my responsibilities in launching the NE campus well and working on projects at the East campus, like organizing the churches in the 36 zip code to distribute those previously mentioned multimedia CD’s.


Thanks for your prayers - I truly believe they make a big difference.

No comments: