- Last night I had my first GrowGroup meeting in the Northeast. We’re going through a couple of 4 week studies from LifeChurch.tv called “Practical Atheist” and “Urban Legends”. We had eight people sign up to be a part of the group, but last night there were four of us – three others besides myself. I’m very grateful for those that were there, and we had some good, honest conversation and prayer, but I’d really like to have more people there because a larger small group (yes, I realize that sounds like an oxymoron) of 8-10 people tends to have a different dynamic than a small group of four. Also, two of the guys there said that they can’t commit to be there every week (which is understandable, being that it’s summertime).
- I found out this past week that the church council gave the ok for NE campus staff to join our staff starting July 1st. Out prelaunch phase, with monthly gatherings and outreaches in between those gatherings, doesn’t start until September, but the time before then will be a vital time for the NE campus staff to work side by side with the East campus staff in learning more about their respective ministry responsibilities and in ensuring that the Del Sol DNA in engrained in them so that they’ll carry it over to the NE campus when we launch.
Here's how you can pray this week:
1. Pray for the Lord to send a few more to the GrowGroup this next week and to use this group for His purposes, whatever they may be, in Northeast El Paso.
2. Pray for me as I think through and list the goals, tasks, and other responsibilities for the NE campus staff as they begin in July.
3. Pray for us as we work on the re-roofing project this Saturday, that we’ll be safe and be able to work efficiently and quickly and can get it all done that day and be a part of blessing the community there by helping renovate the facility.
Thanks for your prayers - I truly believe they make a big difference.