Sunday, April 5, 2009

Update on Debbie Abascal, #14

I've been out of town this weekend and most of the places I was at didn't have free WiFi or didn't have WiFi at all, so I haven't really been able to update.

Since I've been out of town, I haven't had a chance to go visit Debbie in the hospital, but I was told by someone who was able to visit that she's making progress. She's making slow but steady progress.

She recognizes people and can squeeze your hand as a way of communicating, but for the most part she just sleeps - which is probably good because it gives her body time to heal. Her right hand is working now, but still weak.

So while we'd all love to see her make progress faster, the important thing is that she IS making progress. Let's celebrate the progress and let's keep praying for her, for the doctors, and for her family as they've basically lived at the hospital for over a week now.

Also, don't forget the Carind Bridge website that was setup for you to leave comments for Debbie's family: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/debbieabascal

No comments: