Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Fall.

So today I was working on setting up the AC's with my dad and I got on my ladder to climb down and do something, but instead of scaling down the ladder safely, I ended up falling off my roof.

I don't know what happened, but the ladder just slid out from under me. Actually, it's weird because it actually felt like the ladder was pulled out from under me. It was so weird, it was like slow motion; all I remember was feeling the ladder fall out from under my legs and trying to grab onto the roof to hang on and not fall.

That didn't work out too well.

I ended up falling with most of my weight landing on my right leg, which buckled under me and caused me to land on my rear. I had my wallet and my iphone in my back pockets, but thankfully I landed mostly on the right side of my rear which was where my wallet was, instead of on my left side which was where my iphone was. That could have been bad if I had landed on my iphone.

So this is the ladder I was at the top of:
Photobucket

And these are the scuffs from the legs when they slid out from under me:
Photobucket

So I don't know what this was all about, but I'm just glad I didn't break anything. I just have a badly bruised rear and a really painfully sore knee and ankle; that doesn't make for a good story and definitely didn't increase my coolness level at all, but at least I didn't have to spend any time in the hospital.

No comments: