Monday, April 20, 2009

Plethora - state of being overfull; excess; superabundance.

Today, I've felt a plethora of different emotions and feelings:

- I've felt incredibly excited and joyful, knowing that a baby was born to some great friends of mine.

- I've felt happy, having a good meeting with someone and getting to know them better.

- I've felt amazed, seeing an awesome old waterhouse that's made of solid rock and is well over 100 years old, right in the middle of the Northeast.

- I've felt in absolute awe, discovering a neighborhood in the mountains of north-central El Paso that reminds me SO much of the mountains around Los Angeles.

- I've felt shocked, seeing a head on collision involving two trucks and a motorcyclist. That impact was about the most horrible sound I've ever heard in my life.

- I've felt horribly sad, hearing about some deep distress and trouble that very close friends of mine are in.

- I've cried tears of sadness about the distress and sadness my friends are in.

- I've cried tears of joy, reading about Debbie's progress on her CaringBridge website.

- I've been overjoyed, reading the comments on Debbie's site and thinking about how loved she is.

- I've prayed for Martha Mendoza and her family, knowing that they'll be in much the same state that Debbie's family has been in for awhile when Martha has her brain surgery next Monday.

- I've felt pumped that the Spurs beat the Mavs 105 to 84.


But more than anything, I've felt secure in the Lord, knowing I can trust Him because He is Lord over all things big and small, because He said in His word these things:


"Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other." - Deuteronomy 4:39


"The LORD is in His holy temple; the LORD is on His heavenly throne. He observes the sons of men; His eyes examine them." - Psalm 11:4

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." - Psalm 18:2


"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped ..." - Psalm 28:7

"For the word of the LORD is right and true; He is faithful in all He does." - Psalm 33:4


"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." - Psalm 34:8


"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." - Psalm 34:18


"Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." - Psalm 54:4


"For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods." - Psalm 95:3


"Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal." - Isaiah 26:4


"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is He who will save us." - Isaiah 33:22


"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom." - Isaiah 40:28


"The LORD is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him ..." - Lamentations 3:25


"The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him ..." - Nahum 1:7


"But the LORD is in His holy temple; let all the earth be silent before Him." - Habakkuk 2:20


Amen!

No comments: