Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Five - What makes me angry

It is REALLY difficult to make me mad, but for today's Friday Five, I'll tell you five things that make me angry:

1. Men that hit women/people that hurt kids. There is NOTHING more low, more despicable, more lousy, more detestable than a man who hits a woman or a person who hurts a kid. There is no excuse - NO excuse - at all for ever hitting a woman or intentionally hurting a kid.

If I saw a man hit a woman or saw someone intentionally hurt a kid, it would take every ounce of self-discipline for me to not grab that person, punch them in the throat, and then beat them to a bloody pulp.

2. People who talk about the people I love behind their backs. If you have a problem with someone I love, you've got a problem with me. If you talk about them behind their back, it's like you're talking about me. Don't you dare ever speak about someone I love behind their backs - you talk to them face to face and work things out, or shut your mouth. But whatever you do, you'd better not dare talk smack about my friends and family.

3. Not telling me the truth. It's a pretty common thing for someone to tell me what they think I want to hear, but what I always want to hear, in every situation, is the truth! I can usually tell when someone's lying to me, and I instantly lose lots of respect for people when they lie to me. Just tell me the truth; I'm not gonna be shocked or over-react; I'm not gonna lose respect for you; I'm not gonna love you any less.

If anything, when people honestly tell me what's going on - no matter what it is - I automatically respect them more for being courageous enough to speak the truth, and I love them more for trusting me with that truth. So please, don't lie to me - just tell me the truth and it'll be much better than if you try to lie to me.

4. Injustice. This one makes me really angry ...furiously angry, really ...when I see injustice. I've experienced injustice, I've seen family be acted against unjustly, I've suffered the long-term consequences of someone else acting unjustly against someone else - and let me tell you that as much as I hate seeing a woman or a kid get hurt, I can tolerate that a thousand times more than I can intolerance.

Those who have power over someone never, never, NEVER have the right to abuse that power at the expense of those under their power. I will be damned to hell before I will sit by and do nothing about injustice in our world. I may not be able to go and physically intervene against the hand of the wicked who commit injustice, but I can and must prayerfully and financially support those who do risk their lives to intervene and hold back the hand of the wicked.

5. When people put themselves down. I hate when wonderful people don't see that they're wonderful. It makes me feel very frustrated and upset when they put themselves down and say things like "I'm stupid" or "I'm ugly" or "Nobody loves me" because that's always a lie. You may not have the highest IQ, but you're not stupid; you may not make be someone who makes heads turn, but that doesn't mean you're ugly; you may not feel loved by many, but you ARE loved - by God, if by no one else. So stop putting yourself down and start seeing yourself as God sees you.



What makes you angry?

No comments: