Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Youth Leadership Team

Tonight was the beginning of something great - tonight was the first meeting of our brand-spankin new Youth Leadership Team at Del Sol Church's Fire Youth Ministry. I was in a room with some incredible high school students, talking about how God through me and through some incredible leadership resources, and mainly through His Holy Spirit will encourage and equip them up as leaders, as teachers, and as preachers.

Their task is to be leaders - at Del Sol Church, at their schools, in their families, and wherever they go in life. Their task is found all over 1st and 2nd Timothy - to teach, to preserve sound doctrine, to rightly handle God's Word, to preach the Gospel to the world because of their love for Christ and because (Lord willing) I have done my best to raise them up to do what God calls them to do.

I am SO excited about the next year with these youth, and I am completely confident in each of them. God is going to do some ridiculously amazing things through them, and I'm humbled to be a part in their development.



"Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers." - 1 Timothy 4:16

"And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others." - 2 Timothy 2:2



P.S. - On a completely non-related note, Geoff Surratt from Seacoast Church left me a comment on my blog post from yesterday. He's a huge role model to me and I'm so honored that he would leave me a comment.

No comments: