Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Wednesday.

Tonight was First Wednesday at Del Sol Church. In case you don't know, First Wednesday is a time for us to come together as one church family and worship, sit under preaching, and celebrat communion, remembering what Christ did for us with His death, burial, and resurrection.

Every first wednesday of the month (except January and July), we come together for this very special worship experience. I've been attending First Wednesday services ever since I became a part of the Del Sol Church family nearly 13 years ago. Something happened tonight though that I have never before experienced.

Something that left me perplexed, not knowing what to do. Something awkward.

"What was it?" you ask. My cup ranneth over. =)

The little plastic communion cup broke slightly and as I was sitting there, it started leaking all over my hand. I sat there trying to figure out if I should drink it prematurely (we usually all take the cup and eat the bread at the same time), or if it would stay together long enough to take the cup with everyone else. In the end, I decided to get up and go to the back to get another cup.

I honestly have never experienced that before, and hopefully never will again because even though I washed my hands, my fingers still smell like grape juice. =)

No comments: