Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Five - Fascinating People

It's Friday, so that means it's time for Friday Five! Today, the 5 most fascinating people I personally know:

1. John David Delgado. So this guy has led quite a life. Ex-druggie turned pastor. Lived in Houston, New York City, El Paso, and Juarez among other places - now living in Atlanta. Started as a staunch legalist, now a grace junkie. He was in college campus ministry, worked as a small groups pastor then a youth pastor at Del Sol Church, and is now a youth pastor in an Atlanta suburb. If you ever get a chance to spend some time with this guy, do it. It'll be a great time for you. And his wife Patricia? She's a whole 'nother character all on her own - a great character though.

2. The Wood Family. These people, now living and serving in Tucson, Arizona, have been all over the country and have even spent a good chunk of their lives in Venezuela and in Colombia. They've learned so much about foreign ministry and are trying to use what God is blessing in South America to grow churches in Tucson. Like John David - these are great people to be around.

3. Jordan Mueller. This guy is so cool ...and so weird. He's a junior (I think) at Texas Tech University and is quite the character. I don't even know where to begin describing him except to say that he is definitely eccentric, but strangely mature also. He's a lot of fun to be around, fo sho.

4. Rick Lovelady. He's just beginning his second year in college, but this guy is an incredible musician. I am blown away at his musical talent and his guitar skills. I'm fascinated when I watch him play and lead other musicians, and I only wish I could play guitar like him but I just don't have the eye-hand coordination it takes. He's really an amazing musician and everyone else seems to know it, except him because he's very humble about it. He's a rising leader who I know is gonna go far in life and lead others to Jesus along the way.

5. Faith Brown. She's a senior at Montwood High School and though I barely know her, she is fascinating. No, not fascinating in a Ariel's-really-a-Chester-the-Molester type of thing but in a totally platonic type of thing. I'm amazed to see her be so young and yet so mature and Godly - but not in the weird, super-spiritual, head in the clouds type of Godly, but very grounded in reality. She's a rising star, going far in life and she's also leading others to Jesus along the way. Maybe I'll become like her when I grow up.



Of course I know plenty of other fascinating people, but these were the top 5 people I thought of when I started writing this list. Hopefully as I go on, I'll meet more fascinating people and add them to my list ...and maybe you'll be one of them.

No comments: