Monday, December 22, 2008

Randomness ...

- I'm SO glad two out of three of my brothers are home. Now it's just time for Adrian to come home tomorrow.

- I am so glad to be a part of the Del Sol Church family, and it's simply humbling to be in leadership in our family.

- Speaking of families, the Pryor family is amazing - each of them individually is awesome. And Kendra's "man-friend" Val is also pretty down.

- Went to Abundant Living Faith Center's Christ-mas production tonight. That facility is amazing, the people are so friendly, and I am blown away by the incredible coordination it must take to have weekend gatherings, let alone have a massive Christ-mas production with thousands of people at each show! Here are some pics and I think they're a close contender with Del Sol for the award for BEST Christ-mas tree in a church (that thing must be like least 30 feet tall!):
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

- At the end of the production tonight, Pastor Charles Nieman publicly thanked everyone involved in the production, and specifically thanked by name several people. When he had the audience clap for the video production team and the sound/lighting team, I looked at the people in the sound booth and I saw them light up with excitement when he mentioned several of them by name. That look on their face is something I won't soon forget. It challenged me to be more proactive about expressing my gratitude to people, especially my leaders and volunteers.

- I love my leaders and volunteers. If you're one of them, please know how grateful I am to you and for you, and know that I love you!

- I'm kind of nervous about going to Mexico tomorrow but more than how nervous I am, I'm ready and courageous.

- I think how culture has opened their arms back to Britney Spears is an incredible example of grace, and how God would have us in Christianity respond to sinners.

- I'm so pumped about building up God's Kingdom by opening a new campus of Del Sol Church in (most likely) the Northeast side of town. My biggest prayer about that is "God, please don't let me screw this up", but I'm also praying for God to give me wisdom about the right people, the right place, and the right time.

- I really miss cheese. And beef. And their beautiful love-child, the cheeseburger.

- I'm going with Walter to a conference in Dallas in January. I'm pretty excited about that.

- I really miss interior Mexico. I REALLY want to go back this summer and see my "family" down there.

- I should have been in bed 10 minutes ago, so ...goodnight! Merry (almost) Christ-mas!!!

No comments: