Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Del Sol Church Northeast Campus Update

Here's the latest update on the Northeast campus:

- On Sunday afternoon I was reading through some blogs and I came to the blog for Portable Church Industries and saw this advertisement for a portable church system for sale at a church in Cypress, TX (northwest Houston). This trailer package is selling for about half the price of what it would cost new, and it seems to have pretty much everything we'll need for the Northeast campus. If we buy it, we'll have to modify some of the technical equipment to meet our needs (like getting a better projector and a rear-projection screen, etc.) but the savings would still be incredible if we were to buy this used portable church package and then modify it for our needs.

If we did buy new equipment, I've been wanting to work with Church on Wheels (another portable church system vendor), but this seems to be too great an opportunity to pass up. The savings in freight costs alone would be in the hundreds of dollars, and the savings in multi-media equipment would be in the thousands. I've been talking through email with the contact at the church that's selling this trailer package and I think this might be an incredible opportunity for us to get what we need, help the church that's selling it, and be wise stewards of our finances.

- For awhile I had been meeting with people nearly every weeknight to talk about the NE campus and to invite them to pray about joining our team, but lately that groove I was in has slowed down. That's given me some good time to think about systems and processes, but I really need to get back on track and keep casting the vision for the NE campus.

- I'll be leading a GrowGroup (what we call our small groups at Del Sol) in the Northeast this summer, and so far I've only been able to get one person besides me to join the group, which is great, but we really need to have several more join us so that during this summer GrowGroup, we can raise up a couple of leaders to lead their own GrowGroups this fall. How the group this summe goes and especially how those 3 or 4 groups we need to have this fall go will greatly determine the success of our pre-launch phase this fall and our launch in the new year, so please pray about these groups.

- I talked with someone who is deeply involved with the kids ministry here at the East campus about taking on the role of our kids' ministry director at the NE campus, and she's very excited about it. She talked with Cheryl, our kids minister about it and got her support, so our potential kids director is going to talk to her husband and family about it and will get back to me soon with her decision.



Here's how you can pray this week:

1. Pray for wisdom about whether we should buy the used portable church trailer package from that church in Cypress, Texas. Also pray for wisdom about exactly when to make this purchase if the Lord leads us to buy it. I know this is a great opportunity and from a human perspective it seems like the logical, wise thing to do - but before we make a $45,000 purchase, I want to be totally sure it's the Lord's will.

2. Pray for my health. As I mentioned in my update last week, I've been dealing with some health issues. On Monday, I got a bad migraine that lasted all Monday, all Tuesday, and all day today so far. Honestly, I don't think this is all coincidence; I'm beginning to think that this might possibly be satan attacking me through my body. Please ask God to heal me of all my injuries and to protect me from any further attacks.

3. Pray for open doors and opportunities to cast the vision for the NE campus with more people, and for more people to join the GrowGroup I'm leading this summer so that we can build up good momentum for our pre-launch this fall and our launch in January. Ask the Lord to raise up volunteers and to bring who He knows is best to my GrowGroup this summer and to the groups that we'll have this fall.


Thanks for your prayers - I truly believe they make a big difference.

No comments: