Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday night mind purge

- Monday was a pretty interesting day. It was a flurried mix of being in the office and being out and about, of sending emails and making phone calls and meeting with people and volunteering at Wayside during lunch. I ended up leaving the office around 4 pm and drove out to the Northeast for about an hour and a half, just thinking and praying and asking God to show me His will for the NE campus.

- In the evening I went to Troy's for a bi-monthly youth ministry leadership GrowGroup, which was a great experience. I'm looking forward to the next group meeting there.

- On Tuesday I made some minor revisions to my notes for the Mix on Thursday and created an outline for the handouts. I also did some other office work, read a few chapters in some books I'm reading, and in the evening I met with some friends to talk about their possible involvement in leadership at the NE campus. It was kind of discouraging because I had thought they would have had an answer for me by then, but I ended up putting a little pressure on them and giving them a couple more weeks to pray and get back to me.

- On Wednesday I was at the office ALL day. I mostly worked on job descriptions for staff at the NE campus, timelines, and rehearsed my message for Thursday night.

- Thursday was pretty cool. I spent the morning in the office doing some tasks and then met with my accountability partner after lunch. It was pretty cool to catch up with him since the last time we met, it was only for about 15 minutes. I went back to the office after that and did some more work, then went home for a nap since I was pretty tired and had the privilege of preaching that night.

- At the Mix on Thursday night, I had so much fun preaching about dating. This month we're in a sex and relationship series, talking about sex, dating, marriage, and homosexuality. It's interesting because the Bible has things to say specifically about all of those except dating because dating is not something done in Biblical times. So I had to really think it through and ended up basing my message off two principles: 1) Give God first place in our lives (Matthew 6:33) and Live Wisely (Ephesians 5:15).

- Man, that was fun though talking about dating!

- Friday was my birthday. It was an ...interesting ...day. You can read about it here.

- Saturday was Valentine's Day (also known as thanks-for-another-reminder-that-I'm-single day). My big exciting romantic plans were to sleep in, go for a long run, shower up and go run some errands, then come home and have dinner, go run another errand, then come home and watch a movie before going to bed. Yeah ...that was about it.

- And today was our church gathering. I don't know what it was, but it was ...strange. Youth was pretty exciting; it's good to see how Troy is setting the bar high and how our youth are responding to that in such incredible ways. Also it was cool to hear about Brenda's trip to Ghana earlier this month.

- Afterwards I went to lunch with the Pryors and through my sneakiness, I was FINALLY able to buy them lunch. I'd been wanting to do that for a long time and I'm glad that I was able to bless them in that way today. Since then I've just been chillin here at home. Tried to take a nap but that didn't really work out.

- Tomorrow, the office is closed for President's Day, but I'm leading youth on Sunday so I need to start getting ready for that. I'm SO pumped about what I'm talking about on Sunday, but it's going to take lots of studying and prayer to be finished and ready to go by Thursday.

No comments: