Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday night mind purge

- Last Saturday I hurt my back really bad. I was in agony all weekend, so I was glad when Monday came around because I was finally able to go to the chiropractor for some electroshock therapy, a massage, and an adjustment. It was the best $30 I've spent in a LONG time.

- Tuesday was Pastor Walter's birthday so we threw him a surprise lunch before staff meeting. I'm so glad to have him as our leader, and it was just great to bless him in that way.

- I love staff meetings; it's so cool to hear the stories of life change and how every week, people are taking steps towards life in Christ. You wonder if miracles still happen these days? They do - every time someone without hope finds the hope Christ offers. When a broken marriage starts on the road to reconciliation - there's a miracle. When people with hurts, habits, and hang-ups move towards recovery and wholeness - there's a miracle.

- Wednesday was one of those days where I was at the office all day. Those days are so mentally taxing, so I'm really glad we had First Wednesday that evening. It was the building team presentation.Thank God, we're finally ready to build!

- Thursday was an all-day-at-the-office day again, but in the evening I had dinner with the Torgusons. I wrote about that in my Friday Five this week. Wow, what an encouraging night that was!

- Friday was finally my Sabbath day off. I went to Peter Piper Pizza for the first time in about a month, then came home to chill for a little bit and watched the movie Lakeview Terrace. I was just going to stay at home and relax but Savannah Reed invited me to dinner with her mom and the Pryors, then we went to LipSync at Eastwood High School. I'm SO glad I decided to go out instead of just staying at home. It was really some good clean fun.

- Saturday. I cleaned out my car and went to the mall. I've decided that I really do NOT like going to the mall. And honestly, I do not remember what I did that night (not that it was anything naughty or something - I just simply don't remember).

- This morning I went to check out Paseo Christian Church, from setup to tear down. They meet in a portable school and I've been getting to know their lead pastor Greg, so I thought I could really learn a lot from them. I did. And I took lots of pics with my phone. And it was a great worship experience with them. I'm still processing it all, but I pray and hope with all I am that God tremendously blesses Paseo in really great ways.

- Sidenote: when I was at Paseo, I saw several people I hadn't seen in awhile like the Devines and Ryan Guzman, and Tiffani Torres. You should know that Tiffani is really beautiful, and when she saw me she shouted out my name and told me that it was really good to see me and that I look good. I told her she looked beautiful as always and we made some small talk before the gathering began. I felt so welcome after that experience with her.

- Other sidenote: when a beautiful girl is so excited to see you and tells you that you look good, it's hard not to have a good day after that. =)

- Tonight I went to the Senior Adult Fellowship at the East campus and talked with them for awhile about what it means to be a multi-site church. I was REALLY nervous about it, but I just surrendered it to God and ended up having a really great time with them all. Mark and Candi Pryor came to offer some moral support, and I really appreciated that.

So I got up and just shared some of my story and some of what I've learned about our launch, and then took their questions. They had some good questions and I enlisted them all as prayer partners, giving them 3 ways to pray for the launch. Afterwards they had some songs and giveaways and then we all started to go our separate ways, but several of them told me they felt so informed and encouraged after my presentation, and one even said he wanted to do what he could to help the launch. A potential launch team member? Maybe. =)

No comments: