Wednesday, August 27, 2008

All-day Staff Meeting.

Today was our all-day staff meeting at Del Sol Church. From 9 am 'til just past 3 pm, we came together as a staff to review our Grow Process. In other words, we asked "How are we doing as a church in Loving God? Loving People? Serving the World?"

We asked some tough questions in our evaluation - as individuals we had to look at our own leadership, celebrate our wins with each other, and encourage each other as we admitted our failures.

It was a LOOOONG meeting, but a really good meeting. We asked tough questions, we made some tough decisions to cut activities and programs that don't help us accomplish our mission, we tweaked things that needed tweaking, we prayed, we cried, and we left with a renewed sense of commitment to being a church that is all about Loving God, Loving People, and Serving the World.

- I love that we can disagree and still be one.
- I love that we can be blatantly honest and still be one.
- I love that we really don't have any sacred cows and are willing to consider not doing something, even if it's not a bad thing we're doing.
- I love that more and more, justice and compassion are becoming the focus of what we do
- I love that we have so many people in GrowGroups

- I love that "Loving God, Loving People, and Serving the World" is not just hanging on the wall, but is happening down the hall
- I love that so many are serving and giving financially
- I love that we're growing more and more united each as a staff as the days go on.
- I love that criticism isn't seen as personal but as something mean to be a better church.
- I love that criticism is few and far between, but praise is abundant.
- I love that after so long, we're finally growing again.
- I love that Pastor Walter still gets fired up about the parking situation.
- I love that our church family is more and more getting the mindset of thinking outside of ourselves to Serve the World.
- I love that we're open to whatever God is leading us to do.
- I love that we're serious about using technology to reach people for Christ.
- I love that the idea of us being a multi-venue and/or multi-site church is not an unrealistic dream in the not too distant future.


I love Del Sol Church.



The mission of Del Sol Church is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by creating environments that encourage and equip people to Love God, Love People, and Serve the World.

No comments: