Here's the latest update on Del Sol Church's Northeast location:
- Last week I mentioned that we’ve finally found a location to meet in, on a road in the Northeast called Angora Loop (which is just about 2 miles north of the Loop 375/Railroad Drive intersection, just off Railroad Drive). I’ve been spending a lot of time looking at our options as far as making it into an environment that’s more welcoming, friendly, and functional for what we’ll be doing. I’ve also been thinking about and looking into advertising, promotion, how we can serve the community there, etc.
- Last night we had the first meeting this fall of our GrowGroup that meets in the Northeast. There were 5 of us there, but hopefully we’ll be able to get some more people to come next week. I challenged the group members to bring someone with them next week, and I’ve printed some invitation cards that we can use to invite people to the group. I’m excited about the people we have in the group, and about those who told me they couldn’t make it this week but wanted to come next week. I think if we can get people excited about what’s going on with the group, then that excitement will help us build the momentum we need in order to launch the Northeast location in the coming months.
- It seems every week I have at least one or two people (sometimes more) come up to me, without any spurring or solicitation on my part, to ask me when the Northeast location will open up. They’ll tell me that they live in the Northeast, or that they have family or friends or coworkers that live out there and they want to get them connected. That tells that God is up to something with Del Sol Northeast, that He wants us out there, and that even though we don’t have a large base of people from Del Sol who live out in the Northeast, we are still wanted by the people of Northeast El Paso. I’m very excited to see what God will do when we actually start meeting out there soon.
- In addition to preparing to launch the Northeast location, we’ve also got quite a lot going on at Del Sol East, and all of us on staff are busy getting ready for the rest of the year and are already planning for next year, so we’re definitely very busy bees around the office.
Here's how you can pray this week:
1. Ask God to continue to open up doors for me for conversation with people who live in the Northeast, and to even now be opening up the hearts of people who live in the Northeast so that they’ll be open and receptive to the Northeast location when we launch.
2. Please pray for the Northeast GrowGroup that just started. Ask God to do a good work in each group member, to send more people so that we can grow numerically, and to use the group to build excitement and momentum as we get closer to launching the NE location.
3. Please pray for Pastor Walter and our staff here at Del Sol Church, as we prepare for what God has in store for us the rest of this year and next year. Ask God to give us grace, encouragement, joy, patience, strength, endurance, and everything we need to lead and to be able to encourage and equip our church family.
Thanks for your prayers - I truly believe they make a big difference.