Here's the latest update on the Northeast campus:
- A lot has gone on since my last update 2 weeks ago, so in order to keep this update brief, I’ll try to fill you in on the major things that have happened.
- Last Wednesday, the 16th, I went out to the NE campus with a couple of men from the East campus who posses the know-how about contracting and construction, and we looked at what our options are for the kids ministry area and what we need to do as far as minor repairs and renovations to the facilities there. I really appreciate Jim Hetzel and Butch Villarreal for taking the time to go out there and give me their input, because that really helped clarify some things for me.
- During that week, we also worked to get all the utilities turned on for our workday on Saturday the 19th. Much thanks to our financial secretary, Nancy Contreras, for helping us with that!
- On Saturday, we had a workday at the Northeast campus. We were there from 9 am ‘til 3 pm, and spent a lot of time cleaning the buildings, doing yard work, and starting to prime the walls so that we can paint them soon. I invited our youth, my GrowGroup, and several adults from the East campus, so we ended up having 21 people come to work, most of them staying to work the whole time. We got a
- There’s still more work to be done, so we’ll have another workday out there on Saturday, October 3rd from 9 am – 3 pm. If you’re interested in coming out to work with us on that day, please let me know right away. The more, the merrier.
- Yesterday evening we had our first gathering out at the NE campus, and 14 people showed up and brought great attitudes and great ideas for outreach. I think we started to “build the mo!” (build up some momentum) with last night’s gathering. So, we’ll meet every Tuesday evening from 6:30 – 8:30 pm to bring together anyone and everyone interested in helping launch the NE campus. It’s a casual, low-key time to worship through music, prayer, and Bible study, to prepare to launch Sunday worship celebrations, and to reach out and show God’s love in practical ways to the community. If you’d like to be a part of these gatherings, please let me know. Those of us who live on the Eastside will meet at the East campus at 6 pm sharp to carpool to and from the Northeast campus on Tuesday evenings.
Here's how you can pray this week:
1. Ask God to help us build momentum through the Tuesday night gatherings, and to show us how we can get more people from the community involved to help us build up momentum so that we can really make a big impact for the Lord in the Northeast community.
2. Pray for those who have committed to help Del Sol Northeast launch, that God will bless and honor them for taking a risk and being obedient to Him by joining our launch team. And as Luke 10:2 says, ask the Lord to send out more workers into the field to help us reach
3. As we meet on Tuesday nights and as we prepare to reach out into the community, ask the Lord to work on hearts, giving us favor and open doors with the people in the neighborhoods around the NE campus so that we can really make inroads there for the Gospel.
Thanks for your prayers - I truly believe they make a big difference.