Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Del Sol Northeast prayer update

Here's the latest update on the Northeast campus:


- I didn’t send out an update last Wednesday because I was on vacation for the most part of last week. However, we did see some interesting developments since then, which I’ll fill you in on in this week’s update.


- For the past few weeks, I’ve asked you to pray about a meeting I would have with the principal of Dr. Nixon Elementary School. Well, I met with the principal and assistant principal last Tuesday, and long story short, we will not be able to meet there. The meeting went very well and there are no bad feelings; they just simply cannot host us because of various reasons which were explained to me and which I understand. I’m very grateful for all the time the administration at the school took to work with me over the past few months, and I want it to be known that we will bless them and be gracious to them even though things didn’t work out with them.


- You should know that this is not really a bad thing; it’s simply God giving guidance and telling us that for whatever reason, that school is just not the place He needs us to be. Interestingly enough, there’s a brand new elementary school being built about half a mile away from Dr. Nixon, and I found out today that another church will be meeting in that new school starting in October – so God’s at work there and rather than be upset, I bless the school and I bless that church that will be meeting at the new school. It’s great to see God is at work there; it’s not about us, it’s about Him and His Kingdom anyway.


- So what’s next? There are several other schools around there, there’s a rec center out in the Northeast, and there’s also a former church building that’s available, and there’s even some shopping center space that recently opened up, so we’re in the process of praying, seeking God, and thinking through these other options. We can’t really move ahead with other things like advertising, promotion, ordering equipment, etc. until we have a place where we know we can meet, so this is definitely a big prayer request.


- As great as Dr. Nixon ES seemed like it would be, I’m excited because I know that according to Ephesians 3:20, God has something in store for us that’s way better than what we ever could have imagined. I believe that a year from now, we’ll look back and think about how low we were aiming and how small we were thinking in wanting to meet at Dr. Nixon. I don’t know what’s in store for us, but I know it’s gonna be great because it’s gonna be from God!


- One quick update about the staff for the NE campus: we now have a kids’ ministry director! I’m not going to saw their name right now, but I believe they’re a great fit for the position, they have a great vision, and I’m very excited to see how God will work through them at Del Sol Northeast!



Here's how you can pray this week:


1. As I mentioned above, we are asking God to show us where He wants us to meet. Please ask God to show us where He wants us to be and to open the doors we should go through and close the doors we need to stay out of. Ask Him to give us favor where we need favor and most of all, please ask Him to give us wisdom to discern what the next step is.


2. Please continue to ask God to raise up all the volunteers that we need to be a fully functioning campus, and to guide me as I approach other Kingdom-minded churches and businesses to raise the rest of the money we need to cover all of our expenses to launch this campus well.


3. In this search for a location to meet at, I want to be a good ambassador of Christ to all those I will interact with, like school administration, city officials, realtors, etc. Ask God to give me words to speak and the right attitude to have as I interact with them.


Thanks for your prayers - I truly believe they make a big difference.

No comments: